Player Spotlight: Morten Andersen, New Orleans Saints
While all eyes are on Indy for Super Bowl XLVI, next year’s Super Bowl will take place in New Orleans. We recently had the chance to talk with a new member of our roster, Morten Andersen who is a former kicker for the New Orleans Saints. He will appear alongside Tory McPhail of Commander’s Palace at the Saints’ station at this year’s event.
Q: What are you looking forward to in Indy?
A: Great food and great company with everyone for a great cause.
Q: Why do you participate in the Taste of the NFL?
A: Opportunity to network and help others at the same time. It is a win/win!
Q: Since the Saints are out of the Super Bowl this year, who are you cheering for?
A: I played for Giants in 2001 so I'm hoping that the Mara and Tisch families get the Lombardi Trophy.
Q: Why should someone come to the Taste of the NFL?
A: To make a difference in someone else’s life while having a great time with like-minded people.
Q: With the Super Bowl headed to New Orleans next year, what do you want people/fans to know about New Orleans? Why is this a good venue for Super Bowl?
A: The city is unique in that it is equipped to host large events. Frankly, it is used to it, and it is what it does best. Hotels, Superdome, restaurants, entertainment all centered around downtown makes it easy for fans to navigate. The addition of the allure of the French Quarter and the Mississippi River makes New Orleans the perfect host city for S.B.
The people of N.O understand that tourism is a vital component/ revenue stream for the city and they bring their passion and love for good food, drink, music and culture to everyone visiting.
Q: Where are your favorite spots to hang out?
A: Commander's Palace of course! Also, Irene's, Impastato’s Restaurant, Port O' Call, Vick's Bar and so many other great places too numerous to mention.
- Taste of the NFL Chef Tory McPhail Wins James Beard Best Chef South!
- "A Place at the Table" - Screening Feb 21 - Edina!
- Taste of the NFL Raises Funds to Provide 4 Million Meals
- Seattle Seahawks Fans Score the Winning Touchdown in the Kick Hunger Challenge
- 22nd Annual Taste of the NFL in New Orleans with Times-Picayune
- Uptown Network Taste of the NFL App to Kick Hunger!
- Taste of the NFL Welcomes Party City in Fight to End Hunger
- Miss America 2013, Mallory Hagan: Join the Kick Hunger Challenge!
- Super Bowl XLVII Media Day with Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers
- Chef Spotlight: Gaines Dobbins of Eureka Restaurant