Home > TNFL News
Chef Spotlight: Sanford D'Amato - Green Bay Packers
Posted Tuesday, February 07, 2012 by Val O'Reilly.
We recently caught up with Green Bay Packers Taste of the NFL Chef representative Sanford D’Amato. Here's what he had to say about the upcoming Super Bowl XLVI and his involvement with Taste of the NFL.
Q:How long have you been with the Taste of the NFL?
A:This will be my 10th year.
Q:What are you preparing this year?
A:Wisconsin Duck Borscht with Duck Brats and Caraway Cream.
Q:What are you looking forward to in Indy?
A:I haven’t been to Indianapolis in 6 years so I’m looking forward to seeing how the city has grown and renewing relationships with all of the TNFL crew.
Q:Why do you participate in the Taste of the NFL?
A:My wife Angie and I have made a good living by feeding people at our restaurant. I’m never going to be able to cure cancer or complete a successful brain surgery, but I sure as heck can cook, so being able to raise funds to help feed people by using my cooking skills is completely rewarding.
Q:Who are you cheering for this year?
A:Is this a trick question? I was weaned on the Packers of Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr, but since the Packers are inconveniently taking a year off from the Super Bowl, I’ll have to reluctantly throw my support to the NFC Champion Giants.
Q:Why should someone come to the Taste of the NFL?
A:To be able to experience the food of 32 world-class chefs and commiserate with 32 legends of the NFL. It is the premier eat and meet experience at every Super Bowl- it becomes the perfect party as the funds raised from the chefs and players goes to the local food banks in the individual NFL cities and makes a real difference in the lives of millions of hungry people.
- Taste of the NFL Rings the Closing Bell
- Seattle: Winners on and off the field!
- Cake Boss Build "Super Cake" at the 23rd Annual Party with a Purpose
- Michele Tafoya and Taste of the NFL Thank You!
- Huffington Post interviews Taste of the NFL
- "Club Infinity" at Taste of the NFL
- Margot Bingham to Perform at the Taste of the NFL
- Join the Kick Hunger Challenge!
- Kenny Albert, Daryl "Moose" Johnston and the Diamond Experience Package
- Drew Nieporent: Taste of the NFL Diamond Package