Home > TNFL News
Chef Spotlight: Sanford D'Amato - Green Bay Packers
Posted Tuesday, February 07, 2012 by Val O'Reilly.
We recently caught up with Green Bay Packers Taste of the NFL Chef representative Sanford D’Amato. Here's what he had to say about the upcoming Super Bowl XLVI and his involvement with Taste of the NFL.
Q:How long have you been with the Taste of the NFL?
A:This will be my 10th year.
Q:What are you preparing this year?
A:Wisconsin Duck Borscht with Duck Brats and Caraway Cream.
Q:What are you looking forward to in Indy?
A:I haven’t been to Indianapolis in 6 years so I’m looking forward to seeing how the city has grown and renewing relationships with all of the TNFL crew.
Q:Why do you participate in the Taste of the NFL?
A:My wife Angie and I have made a good living by feeding people at our restaurant. I’m never going to be able to cure cancer or complete a successful brain surgery, but I sure as heck can cook, so being able to raise funds to help feed people by using my cooking skills is completely rewarding.
Q:Who are you cheering for this year?
A:Is this a trick question? I was weaned on the Packers of Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr, but since the Packers are inconveniently taking a year off from the Super Bowl, I’ll have to reluctantly throw my support to the NFC Champion Giants.
Q:Why should someone come to the Taste of the NFL?
A:To be able to experience the food of 32 world-class chefs and commiserate with 32 legends of the NFL. It is the premier eat and meet experience at every Super Bowl- it becomes the perfect party as the funds raised from the chefs and players goes to the local food banks in the individual NFL cities and makes a real difference in the lives of millions of hungry people.
- Taste of the Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Panthers and Bonterra Host Dinner to Fight Hunger
- First Annual Taste of the Broncos - June 16
- Kent Rathbun of Hosts 2015 Taste of the NFL at AT&T Stadium
- Congratulations, Bobby Bell!
- Seahawks and Patriots - Winners on and off the Field!
- 24th Taste of the NFL Provides 6,000,000 Meals
- Get Social With Us!
- Little Big Town to Perform at 24th Annual Taste of the NFL
- We Congratulate Taste of the NFL Chef John Howie for Community Service Award