Chef Spotlight: Greg Hardesty, Indianapolis Colts
We recently caught up with Greg Hardesty of Recess and Room Four and chef representative for the Indianapolis Colts at Taste of the NFL. Here's what he had to say:
Q: How long have you been with Taste of the NFL?
A: This will be my sixth year.
Q: What is your most memorable moment from participating in Taste of the NFL?
A: My first year participating was also the year the Colts won the Super Bowl. It was obviously a great weekend and the fact that I even got to rock with Styx at the TNFL event was pretty cool. ("Grand Illusion" was the first album I ever bought.)
Q: What do you want visitors to know about Indy?
A: Indy is a great young city that continues to grow and become more vibrant. Besides downtown, look for the cool pockets of the city like Broad Ripple, Fountain Square, Mass Ave and Lafayette Corridor. This is where all the history and neighborhood joints are located.
Q: What is it like to cook for 3,000 guests?
A: It’s a lot like cooking for 75 or 80 guests. It’s all about preparation and execution.
Q: Sorry, about your Colts. Will you still watch on game day?
A: Football. Friends. Beer. Fried Food.......yeah, I'll be tuned in.
Q: What will you be eating on game day?
A. See previous answer.
Q. Why should someone come to the Taste of the NFL?
A: It’s the best and easiest money you'll ever spend. When you walk in and see the set-up and feel the energy, you have no choice but relax and enjoy. I have yet to see a chef, player, volunteer or TNFL staffer who wasn't completely and totally invested in the evening. It’s a group of people celebrating their talents and passions together, all for the good of our friends and neighbors who are in need. It is truly a magical event.
Please click here to see Greg's interview on FOX 59 Morning: http://www.fox59.com/news/morningnews/
- Etch Wins Zagat's Top Nashville Restaurant
- Longtime Friend and Chef, Shin Tsujimura
- 6h Annual Taste of the Panthers Big Success
- The Brooklyn Restaurant Challenge
- Sunday Night Football Bus Pulls into Town!
- 6th Annual Taste of the NFL Benefitting Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
- Miss America 2013-2014 is Crowned!
- Wayne Kostroski Introduces Taste of the NFL to CEO National Conference
- Help Score Big Against Hunger Relief!
- Kick Hunger Challenge 2013-2014 Kicks Off!