Chef Spotlight: Greg Hardesty, Indianapolis Colts
We recently caught up with Greg Hardesty of Recess and Room Four and chef representative for the Indianapolis Colts at Taste of the NFL. Here's what he had to say:
Q: How long have you been with Taste of the NFL?
A: This will be my sixth year.
Q: What is your most memorable moment from participating in Taste of the NFL?
A: My first year participating was also the year the Colts won the Super Bowl. It was obviously a great weekend and the fact that I even got to rock with Styx at the TNFL event was pretty cool. ("Grand Illusion" was the first album I ever bought.)
Q: What do you want visitors to know about Indy?
A: Indy is a great young city that continues to grow and become more vibrant. Besides downtown, look for the cool pockets of the city like Broad Ripple, Fountain Square, Mass Ave and Lafayette Corridor. This is where all the history and neighborhood joints are located.
Q: What is it like to cook for 3,000 guests?
A: It’s a lot like cooking for 75 or 80 guests. It’s all about preparation and execution.
Q: Sorry, about your Colts. Will you still watch on game day?
A: Football. Friends. Beer. Fried Food.......yeah, I'll be tuned in.
Q: What will you be eating on game day?
A. See previous answer.
Q. Why should someone come to the Taste of the NFL?
A: It’s the best and easiest money you'll ever spend. When you walk in and see the set-up and feel the energy, you have no choice but relax and enjoy. I have yet to see a chef, player, volunteer or TNFL staffer who wasn't completely and totally invested in the evening. It’s a group of people celebrating their talents and passions together, all for the good of our friends and neighbors who are in need. It is truly a magical event.
Please click here to see Greg's interview on FOX 59 Morning: http://www.fox59.com/news/morningnews/
- Taste of the NFL Chef Tory McPhail Wins James Beard Best Chef South!
- "A Place at the Table" - Screening Feb 21 - Edina!
- Taste of the NFL Raises Funds to Provide 4 Million Meals
- Seattle Seahawks Fans Score the Winning Touchdown in the Kick Hunger Challenge
- 22nd Annual Taste of the NFL in New Orleans with Times-Picayune
- Uptown Network Taste of the NFL App to Kick Hunger!
- Taste of the NFL Welcomes Party City in Fight to End Hunger
- Miss America 2013, Mallory Hagan: Join the Kick Hunger Challenge!
- Super Bowl XLVII Media Day with Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers
- Chef Spotlight: Gaines Dobbins of Eureka Restaurant